Thursday, May 13, 2010

50 Reasons to Write Poetry



Did you ever feel your passion for poetry rise so high that you thought that you could write 10 reasons to be write poetry? I did. How about 20 reasons? I did. After 20 it gets a little more tricky. Maybe I could write 30. I did.

Our language is a melting pot with so many words--more than most languages. The French have a word for "house" but not for "home." Well, I am home with poetry; so, I challenged myself to create 50 Reasons to Write Poetry.

My writing friend, Debra Ross, liked it so much she posted it on her fabulous website Kids Out and About Rochester, http://rochester.kidsoutandabout.com/node/42962. She wanted to inspire more parents to encourage their kids to get involved in poetry.

Her site and newsletter are about what goes on weekly in Rochester that's fun and exciting for kids of all ages. It also tells about many free giveaways. You have to see it realize how helpful it is to parents.

I hope the list inspires you to write more poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment