Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank You, Debra Ross! Editor & KOA Chief

I want to thank Debra Ross, editor and creator of www.KidsOutAndAbout.com, for publishing my essay about encouraging toddlers to enjoy poetry during National Poetry Month. (If interested, the essay site is below the poem that follows.)



The way the essay appears on the page is excellent with its easy to read print, graphics, and edits. I consider Debra an amazing friend who inspires many in the Rochester area and beyond to explore life doing healthy family activities. She makes a difference for Rochester, thanks to her weekly newsletter and other positive activities. And I consider her my friend. This poem is for her by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow: 


Friendship


I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, who has sight so keen and strong
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.


http://rochester.kidsoutandabout.com/content/ten-ways-celebrate-national-poetry-month-toddler

No comments:

Post a Comment