Monday, June 21, 2010

Get Some Humor Here!

Humor is the affectionate communication of insight.
Leo Rosten


My grandson, Ricky, was going to the Senior Ball, and this was photo opportunity time on the front lawn for two of his grandparents. A neighbor yelled, "Get away from the garage sale sign!"


Then I yelled, "No, stay there!" And he did. Ricky and I both had the same insight at that moment. This would make a rather silly photo. I didn't ask him to lean on the sign, which made it an even better photo. Who would ever wear a tuxedo to a garage sale? Shop for bargains in a tux?   

Humor is the instinct for taking pain playfully.
Max Eastman


Ricky has gone through a lot of medical procedures in his life, but he has a rich sense of humor. I think that is partly due to all of the pain that he has experienced.   

If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor.
Jennifer Jones


I agree 100% with that quote. There's nothing silly about it. 

1 comment: