Sunday, November 7, 2010

2010 Rochester Children's Book Festival



The 2010 Children’s Book Festival was a huge success, thanks to the organizers, volunteers, authors, illustrators, and the tremendous turnout—due  to the cold, wet weather on Saturday.  Children and adults were more than willing to meet authors and illustrators, get books signed by their favorite authors, and attend readings and workshops. It was priceless time spend inside.

I always have an excellent time at the festival. As a teen, I spent three baseball seasons in the Babe Ruth League, and I even made the All-Stars, but I never hit a homer over the fence. A friend of mine did who wasn’t as strong as I was. Right over the cyclone fence! When I am at the festival, if I look up at the right time and see the “jumbotron” with a large photo of me performing poetry, I feel as if I just hit a grandslam in the Babe Ruth League. It’s a small personal victory that brings me great pleasure. And I strive to inspire others with my poetry, and Monthly Poetry Contest for kids on my website.


Here's a more distant view of the screen on the far wall from the table I sat at...



No comments:

Post a Comment