Sunday, August 7, 2011

Honorable Mention: Rochester Auditorium Theatre


BuildMyselfAuditoriumTheater.jpg
Honorable Mention
The Theater
by Rebecca, age 12



Penfield

The Auditorium Theater is the place to go
When you want to see an amazing show
When I was little I saw “Blue’s Clues” and “Bear”
Then I saw “Wicked” and “Lion King” there
My friends were a part of the “Wizard of Oz” cast
All who watched surely had a blast
“Lion King” was really great
I hope to see it again at a later date
“Wicked” is my favorite, I saw it three times
Sorry, I can’t think of any other good rhymes
My mom helps us get tickets really cheap
She makes sure we don’t go to shows sure to put us asleep
Next year we’ll see “Shrek” or “Billy Elliot”, either one would be great
Which one will we watch? I’ll just have to wait
On the third floor is MJT Stages, a small theatric endeavor
However, it’s a great place to see shows whenever
I’ve been to camp there for many years
It’s helped me overcome my acting fears
So that is the one of the greatest places around
You should head over there if you’re ever in town






Joe’s Commentary: The Auditorium Theatre certainly is a special place to visit. Rebecca has written a very convincing poem with perfect end rhymes. It makes me want to head to the Auditorium Theatre to have some thrilling experiences. Rebecca, thanks for sharing your poem with readers. Keep on writing poetry. This is a very good poem. Congratulations, Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment