Saturday, September 25, 2010

Computers Lie!




 “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
~Albert Einstein

When computers are good, they are good. When computers are bad, they are bad. We tend to take them for granted when they run smoothly, and when they “crash” or become infected with a virus, it’s the end of the world. Trying the same thing over and over hardly ever fixes them. Albert is right. It’s insane to do the same thing again and again hoping to fix your computer.

On the other hand, I have learned that computers and printers lie. I’ve had a computer tell me a number of times that what I just tried to do can’t be done, and then a second later it’s opening up the folder that I requested or doing exactly what I wanted to do in the first place without me doing anything extra. So, why did it tell me that it couldn’t do it? I don’t have a clue.

And when the printer tells you that it’s “low on ink” it may be telling you a big fat fib. The machine doesn’t actually measure the ink level. It counts the number of sheets that you use, and it gives you’re a ballpark figure in terms of how much ink you have left. 

If the printer has the gall to tell you, “Using your printer without ink can harm your computer”, that’s another lie. It just won’t print anything for you without ink. The bottom line is: if it doesn’t work right the first time around, it okay to try at least one more time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment